'a4adventure' offers bespoke opportunities for families and groups who need access to an outdoor adventure that enable parents and children to enjoy adventurous activities together, creating positive and rewarding experiences as well as remarkable memories.
Our clients include (but are not limited to):
* families with a disabled parent or child
* families with a parent or child with learning difficulties
* sibling support groups
* single-parent families and social groups
* bereavement groups
* foster families
We fulfil our aims by:
* providing safe, supported experiences with a qualified and experienced guide
* understanding your needs for patience, empathy, space and understanding
* identifying, shaping and meeting your requirements for the day
* sharing our expertise, knowledge and passion for the outdoors
* generating space to relax and enjoy shared experiences
* creating high quality outdoor adventures
* enabling short break care for families
* building remarkable memories
'a4adventure' stands for 'ability', 'acceptance', 'accessibility' and 'achievement'
We exist solely to provide the highest quality experiences for you!
Tim, Kat and George are the Pustka Family and are the heart of 'a4adventure'.
George (aged 9) is autistic and has been the catalyst for us tailoring our activities and adventures to those families who don't currently have access to the great outdoors in a supportive and understanding environment. A number of our adventures have been captured on camera and 'Explorer George' has slowly developed his YouTube presence - you can find more about Explorer George here.
Kat is our project management and logistics specialist and takes full credit for maintaining the structure and quality of our provision. Having spent 20 years working in the Public Sector, including partnerships with schools, social services, Police and local Health Boards she has a deep understanding of the pressures and challenges that families can face as they fight to support, provide and protect the best opportunities for their children.
Tim is a qualified teacher and has spent 15 years in schools and colleges working with mainstream and SEND students (from the ages of 6 to 18). Tim is qualified in all the activities offered by 'a4adventure' (and many more besides) and has significant experience in the outdoor industry, including 10 years as an operational Mountain Rescue team member. Over the last 5 years, Tim has been full-time delivering Adventurous Activities for a range of private and commercial clients including the Ministry of Defence. In addition to his activity qualifications, Tim remains current with the Disclosure and Barring Service, Child Protection, Education Workforce Council for Wales and, of course, with First Aid.