We think that Water Rat in 'The Wind in the Willows' was absolutely right when he told Mole: "believe me, there is nothing—absolute nothing—half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.
We love the burble of the river, the reflections on the water and the 'song of the paddle' as it slices through the water ... but most of all we love having fun just messing about in our boats: steering them this way and that way, playing games, singing songs and finding ways to challenge ourselves.
Join us for a day of paddle-sports and enjoy a watery adventure created just for you.
By working with us before your adventure you will be able to choose exactly what you want from your day, be it:
* a guided journey along a river or canal
* a more sheltered experience on a calm river pool or on a lake
* a bouncy whitewater trip (seasonal restrictions apply to this though)
* a fun-filled games session
* a multi-craft experience (using canoe, kayak, sit-on-top or stand-up paddle-board)
* a day split between paddling and bushcraft (with activities such as making fire, brewing a hot drink, making shelters and perhaps using simple tools to make seasonal trinkets like wooden tent pegs or hand woven nettle-cord bracelets)
We have a number of locations, across South Wales, to choose from when planning your bespoke adventure and we will tailor your day to perfectly suit the mobility, confidence and needs of your group.
One of these paddlesport experiences can be seen in the video below but several of our other paddling adventures may be found within our YouTube 'Paddling Adventures' playlist.
Our paddlesport adventures are suitable for participants aged 5 and upwards (when accompanied by their parent or legal guardian).
All of our adventures are Challenge by Choice. We will always start gently before slowly increasing the challenge on an individual and voluntary basis; you will not be forced into anything you are uncomfortable with and we can always move around areas or tasks that you are unhappy with.
'a4adventure' will provide you with the canoe / kayak, paddles and buoyancy aids, qualified guide and the full safety equipment needed for your canoe adventure. You will need to bring your own clothes, waterproofs, appropriate shoes and food / soft drinks for the duration of the activity.